Welcome to BGSNY.Org
The purpose of this Society is to engage in and encourage the study of Geological Sciences, the Lapidary Arts, the collection of fossils, minerals and rocks and to promote exhibits and sponsor excursions and field trips for the aforementioned purposes.
The society was originally formed on February 2, 1938 as the Geological Section of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Dr. Irving G. Reimann, Curator of Geology at the Buffalo Museum of Science was the first president.
- Monthly meetings featuring guest speakers.
- Club Sponsored field trips to local quarries, and streams.
- Club Sponsored bus trips to places of interest.
- Monthly newsletter to keep members up-to-date on our events as well as activities of other clubs.
- Annual picnic and rock swap.
- Annual Auction.
- Annual Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show.
- Annual Banquet and installation of Officers.
- Support of local educational organizations.
- Silent auction and potluck supper.